- Start Point: 300 metres from the junction between the road to Olympos mountain peak (Chionistra) and Troodos – Prodromos main road.
- End Point: Olympos mountail peak (Chionistra)
- Estimated duration: 2 1/2 – 3 hours
- Difficulty Rate: Category 1: Easy trail, with gentle gradient. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- Trip Length: 7 kilometres
Points of interest: Black pine forest, rare endemic species of flora and interesting geological formations are among the many points of interest on this trail which also offers an opportunity to admire two 500-year – old black pines and the “walls of the old town”. The latter are ruins of temporary fortifications built during the last year of Venetian rule (1571) by a group of Venetian generals who chose this spot for a last stand against the invading Ottomans. The route is circular, going round Olympos mountain peak (Chionistra) at an altitude of 1.850 metres and offering spectacular views in all directions. It can link up with the Atalanti trail.
We guarantee you’ll never be bored at Aphrodite Hills: www.aphroditerentals.com