- Start Point: Troodos Square
- End Point: Troodos Square
- Estimated Duration: 4-5 hours
- Difficulty Rate: Average degree of difficulty, suitable for adults in fair to good fitness levels. Sudden changes in gradient (uphill and/or downhill) and/or course along narrow or rough terrain.
- Trip Length: 14 kilometres
The path goes round Chionistra (Olympus mountain peak) at an altitude of 1.700 – 1.750 metres, passing through dense thickets of black pine and Troodos Juniper and offering superb views in all directions. Also to be admired on this walk is one of the largest Junipers, an 800 year – old specimen. Of interest is a chromium mine that has been out of use since 1982. After a 9 kilometres hike, the trail reaches the Troodos – Prodromos main road. Cross the road and continue on the Chromium housing settlements forest path towards Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis Church for some 200 metres. There, a wooden signpost indicates the direction to take. The trail continues parallel to the main road, ending up at Troodos Square. About 3 kilometres along the path to Troodos Square there is a fountain with drinking water.
Click here for a Route Map.
We guarantee you’ll never be bored at Aphrodite Hills: www.aphroditerentals.com